Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

So I thought I would do another Waiting on Wednesday. I cannot remember the last time I did one of these (I looked it up, it was last year)...
For those of you who don't know what I am talking about: Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme featured on Breaking the Spine were we highlight the books we cannot wait for.

This week I am waiting for:


Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke. Just look at it for a moment. Isn't it pretty? Well I heard that it is like one of those old Gothic-novels I love so much, so I really really cannot wait!!
Here is what it's about:

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch

The book will hit the shelves on on August 15th, which isn't that far away.
I already told you something about this book back when I first heard about it and I am still waiting very patiently for it... No seriously, can I get it already? Pretty please?
What are you waiting for this week?

Love and Words
KJ

Summary and Cover are taken from Goodreads, all rights not mine :D

22 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for this as well, it sounds wonderful! Apparently they were giving out copies at BEA this year so we should see a few more reviews of it out soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to hear more about this one, it really sounds great! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. It feels like I've been waiting on this book for years now. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy once it releases. I just hope it lives up to the hype.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope it is as good as I am expecting it to be, too :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This book is on my TBR list too:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is on my TBR list too:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this a few weeks ago when I got it on an ARC tour. I really liked it! I hope you will as well. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you already got to read it? I am so jealous! :D
      Thanks for stopping by, too :)

      Delete
  6. Ahh! I so want this book! It's on my wishlist, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It seems many people want to read it, it sounds so good!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I waited on this last week and it sounds AWESOME. Deliciously dark, and I've seen that some reviewers loved it. I need it now! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stoping by, too :)
      I really do need it now, too! The longer I think about this book the more I want to read it :D

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes, the cover is really gorgeous! I love it, too!

      Delete
  9. I can't wait for this either. Plus, I love the cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is really great! And the book sounds so good :D Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  10. I'm really excited for this, too! It looks so awesome and I love the Gothic cover. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) I really hope the book is as "gothic" as it sounds :D

      Delete
  11. Ooh yes!! Cannot wait for this one either. Got to love that cover, too! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my bog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit me back :)

      Delete
  12. I've been waiting on this one since I heard about it! Love stories about the devil. Also love the cover! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your comments make my day :) Everyone of them is appreciated and I will answer and return the favour :D