Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Waiting on... four amazing books Part 2

Aloha :)

So I am currently really busy with writing, working on the Creating a Story project and actually living from time to time. So I do not have time to read a lot. That does not stop my TBR shelf, though, to grow closer and closer. And I do like that a lot :) 
So here are the two newest books on my TBR: 

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins 
First: I do not want to read this book just because of the cover. But the cover is freaking amazing! When I read the summary I was like, yeah, a dangerous boy falls in love with a good girl. Not that we didn't read that before in a YA book. But this time it's the girl with powers, that's something I do not read that often. And honestly, how can get enough of those love stories?
So since I am a huge fan of angels and demons I have to check this one out. 
Here is the official synopsis taken from Goodreads
Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences 
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna. 
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?
Well the last sentence reminded me a little of Diablo and Fable *cough*
And seriously why are the good girls always blond and the boys dark haired? I do not feel represented :D
But anyway, here is book number two (actually number four, since this is the second part of a little series ;D)

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
Steampunk, yay! I just love this genre and I am really glad that it gets more attention these days. And of course, the cover is very beautiful. I am a judgy little girl. I admitt it. BUT I would read this book even if it had no cover at all.
The synopsis is short, but gives me all information I need: Steampunk Setting, heroine with powers, and even better mysterious (hopefully byronic) hero. It's even a series, I love series because I like it when at the end of the story you have something to look forward to.  I want to read it....NOW! :D
It has a cover blurb from one of my favourite authors. What more do you want?
So here is the official synopsis taken from Goodreads:


In 1897 England, 16-year-old Finley Jayne is convinced she's a freak. No normal Victorian girl has a darker side that makes her capable of knocking out a full-grown man with one punch. Only Griffin King sees the magical darkness inside her that says she's special . . . that she's one of "them."

(And between you and me: Kady Cross is an unbelievable pretty name :D)

So that are the newest books on my TBR. How big is yours? Have you anyting new discovered lately?
For more information on what I am reading follow me on Goodreads ;) Or just stay on this blog :P
Love and Words
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your comments make my day :) Everyone of them is appreciated and I will answer and return the favour :D