Monday, July 9, 2012

Heart of the Dragon _ A Supernatural Novel

Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural, #4)Heart of the Dragon by Keith R.A. DeCandido
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Published: 2010
Synopsis (taken from Goodreads): "Supernatural novel that reveals a previously unseen adventure for the Winchester brothers, from the hit CW series!

When renegade angel Castiel alerts Sam and Dean to a series of particularly brutal killings in San Francisco's Chinatown, they realise the Heart of the Dragon, an ancient evil of unspeakable power, is back! John Winchester faced the terrifying spirit 20 years ago, and the Campbell family fought it 20 years before that - can the boys succeed where their parents and grandparents failed?"

This book captures the charm and witt of the TV series. It is as funny as the series and the characters are as belivable and loveable. You can really imagine your favorite Demonhunters act like they do in this book.
For all fans of the series it will be great to finally find out so much about Mary Winchester, her parents and how she met John. I personally liked the fact, that all three generations of Winchesters fought the same ghost. I liked to compare their acting, family similarities and differences.
I loved reading something about Dean and Sam as children since it explains, especially on Deans side, why he acts the way he does.
For everyone who doesn't know this series I do not recommend this book as a start. Don't get me wrong, everyone should start this series. But Heart of the Dragon will just confuse you if you do not know the background of the last four seasons of Supernatural. All those names, people and events reffered to will surely destroy the fun for anyone who does not know what happened before.
I read and reviewed another Supernatural book called "Witch's Canyon" and as I said there I have to admitt there are some things I did not like.
The book has many details, acting, setting, and everything else. In a normal scene that helps to imagine how it would be in a TV series. But in really thrilling scenes, dark scenes, fight scenes, and most important ghost scenes that just takes the thrill away.

But anyway I still recommend this book to fans of the series who just cannot get enough of the Winchesters. Everyone else should start at the beginning, the first season, not with this book.

Love and words
KJ
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your comments make my day :) Everyone of them is appreciated and I will answer and return the favour :D