Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Divine by Mistake by PC Cast

Hey guys :)
Yeah, I haven't been here a lot lately, but I was really busy with writing and had not much time for reading.
But here is what I thought of Divine by Mistake:


Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and I do not dislike the author. I just do not like the first chapters of the book.

Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1)Divine By Mistake by P.C. Cast


I was able to get my hands on an extract of this book (only the first four chapters) a few days ago and since I read the HoN series (or well, the first two books) I wanted to check out other work by PC Cast.
So I read the extract and... well, I am not going to rate this book since I can only tell you my opinion on the first four chapters and not on the whole thing.

But honestly? If I had the whole copy at home I would have never gotten further anyway.
I just do not like the Protagonist in this book. I don't like her way of telling the story. For me it was like reading a short story from a school kid and not from a succesful author. I do not know why but I honestly think that Cast's writing stile in this book was not as good as the one they wrote HoN in.
BUT that may be because I read HoN in the original English version and this one in the translated version.

Anyway from what I read so far the story behind the book seems really interesting and I liked the setting, especially after Shannon left the normal world. So this could turn out to be a really good book, I am just not going to read the rest of it, so I may never find out.

Love and Words
KJ

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your comments make my day :) Everyone of them is appreciated and I will answer and return the favour :D