Sunday, April 1, 2012

City of Glass

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I expected the best from this book, since the other two were just plain awesome. And I'm not disappointed!

It's really hard to write this comment, just minutes after finishing the book, because I want to talk about the end so desperately it hurts! But I can't tell you the end, can I?

Cassandra Clare wrote a fulminate third book to a wonderful series. If I remember right The Mortal Instruments was planned as a trilogy and this book would have been a perfect ending. But anyway I'm just really glad the series continues. The twists and turns are unbelievable! During the middle I had a feeling, like in the first book, that I already knew the deep dark secret and the protagonists Clary and Jace were just not able to see, what I saw. Despite that feeling the twists that followed just got me hooked even more.

Cassandra Clare creates a wonderful world that lives through its details. The world of the shadowhunters is rich with myths, beliefs and traditions. But the little details got me even more. The fact that a raven is named after Hugin, the messanger of the norse god Odin, or that one character reads Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki, in my opinion the best angel story ever written, make the characters and the world they live in become a lot realer. Cassandra Clare put a lot of work, research and thinking into this novel, which makes every chapter even better.

I can only imagine how much time she spend just on finding the right quotes for the begining of every section. Quotes, that capture the moment perfectly.

The characters, which I learned to love in the first two books, return to a dangerous world facing not just their enemies but their own feelings as well. Those feelings are portraited in a wonderful way and captured understandable. I, as the reader, can empathize with the characters, with the ones I love and with the ones I hate. Throughout the whole story I was desperate to find out how it ended and though I did not read the entire book in one session the story followed me everywhere.

Well, I honestly don't know what else I can say except: Read the series!

I recommend it for people that like romance stories and paranormal fantasy, where the world is in danger.

Love and words to all of you
KJ

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your comments make my day :) Everyone of them is appreciated and I will answer and return the favour :D