Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The end of Strange Angels...

Just like Nelly Furtado said: "All good things come to an end"
That's true, even for most of those amazing book series out there. I never know if I shall be excited about the fact that I will find out how all ends, or sad because of the fact that it ended.
So one of my favourite YA series is going to end this year (besides VA, but hey with Bloodlines on the way, this isn't really an end):


Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow.
You don't know what this series is about? Then click the link and read my review of the first book.
And if you love the series as much as I do, follow this link to Penguin between the Lines, to find out what they have to say about it.
So with the series ending now, we can sit back and have a little discussion (not about the story, we don't want to spoiler anything, besides is there more to say than: just amazing?)
Today, we will not talk about the covers as normaly (we're doing that later, with a different book, so just stay tuned) We're talking about the fact why I'm mostly going to miss Dru: Just like Rose from VA she's a tough heroine and as I said before in my little post "A shout out to all the ladies" there are just not enough supernatural girls who could really pick up a fight and win it. Yeah, there are a lot of female protagonists in the YA genre these days, but how many of them are really strong and not just little princesses who wait for their knight in shining armor to rescue them? (Not that I would have something against a nice Prince Charming)
So though it is strange I'm quoting myself today:
And last but not least a shout out to all those supernatural ladies, because the genre would be boring without you and where can we find good looking guys if not in your shadow?

Keep thinking, keep reading, keep living
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your comments make my day :) Everyone of them is appreciated and I will answer and return the favour :D